Greg - Napoleon, Ohio

Following Your Dreams

Life is about living and fulfilling your dreams. All of us have grown up with many dreams. Some of us have had dreams, as children, to grow up and play football in the NFL for our favorite childhood team while others have had dreams of growing up to be a fireman or a teacher. Many of us have shared the dream to grow up and be just like our parents or grandparents. Unfortunately in life many people don’t follow or carry out their dreams. They do this because they either gave up on their dreams or listened to someone who said that those dreams were impossible. Life is about changing your stars and never giving up on your dreams.

Ever since my fifth grade career day, I have always wanted to grow up and become a lawyer like my grandfather. My passion and dream of becoming a lawyer came from my grandfather and his teachings. I can remember when I was just a five year old child going to court cases and watching my grandfather argue his case for his client. These days were the days that my dreams of becoming a lawyer took off.

Growing up with this dream of becoming a lawyer has had its difficulties. When people ask me what I will do after graduating high school, I tell them my dream of becoming a lawyer. Sometimes people laugh or give me an odd look. They do this because they don’t think I can handle all those years of college or that I won’t have the drive to pursue my dream. I just smile back and walk away. Sometimes I tell them that anything is possible in life and that you should never give up on your dreams. Hearing negative remarks can be really hard because when you hear people say things to you, you want to listen to them and not follow your dreams. You can’t listen to these remarks because if you truly want to follow your dreams, then no one or anything can get in your way of achieving your goals.

I have a friend who also has a big dream like mine. His dream is to go to college, to attend Medical School, and hopefully one day become a doctor. He also has had people tell him that his dream is impossible and that he will lose the drive to achieve that goal. He tells me it’s really hard for him to hear these things, but I always remind him to not let other people dictate his life and to never give up on his dreams.

Dreams are the foundation of one’s life. Without dreams no one would ever have a goal in life. There is a saying that Adidas has. It says “Impossible Is Nothing” and I believe that everyone with dreams should live by this saying because it is very true. So when you think about the dreams you have had all your life, make sure to never give up on them and to always follow them no matter what others think.