Chris - Napoleon, Ohio

Winning Isn’t Everything

In life sometimes you win and sometimes you lose. I believe that winning isn’t everything. In America and around the world sports are the backbone of society and in every sport and every competition there is always a winner and a loser. We all want to win, but sometimes it does not work out the way you want it to. The definition of win is; to succeed by striving or effort. The definition of loss is; to fail to win or to fail to succeed by striving or effort. Losing is a part of life and you have to accept that it will happen. Sure if you win then you feel good about yourself and feel more confident. Losing isn’t always a bad thing, next time you will have something to play for and you will work harder and want it more. The team who works harder and wants it more will win. Sometimes you are on the winning end and sometimes you are on the losing end. Does it really matter which end you are on? Its not about whether you win or lose, it is whether you tried your best and did everything you could.

It also applies to life situations. Sometimes in life you make the right choice and win, and sometimes you make the wrong choice and lose. Just because you made the wrong choice doesn’t mean that you should change your whole lifestyle and everything that you believe in. Everyone loves to win but losing makes you a better person. Take football for example, we want to win every game and go undefeated. But when that first unexpected loss comes you realize that winning isn’t everything and that sometimes it is okay to lose. You accept that sometimes things in life don’t turn out the way that you want them to and focusing on the past won’t get you anywhere. You build off of the loss which makes you stronger and want it even more next time. Winner and loser are just titles that don’t have an impact on anything. Winning isn’t everything.