Clayton - Napoleon, Ohio

Make The Best Out Of What Is Given To You

There are many things in life that are uncontrollable or unavoidable. Problems occur everyday that may change everything you had planned. Life will never be predictable, so you must take things as they come and make the best out of what is given to you.

I love being a part of sports. I believe that each day brings about a new challenge and a new opportunity to do something great. However, there are many times in which I fail to reach my goals and cannot do what I wanted to do. Throughout these times I have to be able to take what is given to me, accept it, and deal with it. Being able to move on and make the best out of what has happened is a key in sports. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn from it and improve. I always try to do everything I can to make the best out of what has happened.

In baseball there are many points in the season in which I do great and other points that I really struggle. During the times that I am struggling to get a hit, I try my best to stay calm and break out of my slump. If I strike out or am unable to do something good while at bat, I must forget about it and make up for it in the field. Baseball is a sport in which you really need to be able to make the best out of what has already happened and forget about it. If you are able to do this you will be able to have success with your next opportunity.

Being able to cope with these situations is key to living a great life. I think that if you dwell on mistakes that have already been made, you will be unable to enjoy your life. If you sit and worry about what you have done wrong, you are not making the best out of what has happened. However, if you are willing to accept what you did wrong, you will be able to learn and possible improve from what you just did wrong.

I enter each day with the hope of being able to enjoy it and move on from problems that occurred the previous day. Sports have been a major part of my life for nearly ten years, and after each day of practice I know there is something that I have done wrong and need to fix. That is just a part of sports and I have been able to do my best each day to improve what the coach wants improved. I believe that this is a great way to live life. I always want to be able to make the best out of each and every day no matter what may happen.