Ryan - La Vista, Nebraska
Themes: work

Ryan Kupfer

This I Believe Essay Rough Draft

I’m a 17 year-old kid about to graduate from high school. All I can think about, and all anyone around me can ask me about, is what I’m going to do next. My ideal plan is to graduate from college and make millions. It won’t be that easy though, I realize that. I believe in success, and doing whatever it takes to reach that point.

Currently I work at the Field Club of Omaha. For those of you who don’t know, that’s the oldest, private, golf course in the city of Omaha. At my job I’m just a bag boy/cart attendant. While I’m here though, I see some of the richest and most successful people in Omaha day-in and day-out. It amazes me how they can be here every day golfing. It seems like they don’t even have jobs since they’re here so much. In reality though, I know they had to of worked like crazy the first 20 years of their career to get to the point they’re at now.

As I watch these people golf all day, with no care in the world, I realize to myself that I also want that. I want to have the money and power to be considered one of the elite. I want business men and women wanting to work for me due to my businesses successful reputation. I want that and I’ll do whatever it takes to get there.

Success can’t be measured just by one aspect though. Along with the success in the work place, success also needs to be had in the family environment. I feel to be successful in that arena would be to raise a family like my parents have raised for my siblings and me. It would take a whole other essay to describe that, but just know what they do is successful in every way.

To reach this level of success I know it can’t just happen. It could take years of pushing myself and working my way up through jobs I know I don’t want to work. I want to experience that though, so when I reach my highest point I’ll know what kind of character I’ve shaped for myself to get there. I believe in success.