Ryan - Pine Bluff, Arkansas

I have had the chance to live for nineteen years. In my nineteen years I have come to realize that people in this world feels the need to be accepted so badly with a certain group, that they will become a totally different person just to fix in. I haven’t been around long, but this is something I have come to believe because I see it everyday.

The first example would be my experience. When I moved to Arkansas I knew no one and all my friends which I had made in Texas were far away. So yes, I admit to being one that wanted to be accepted by a certain group so badly I would do anything. I first started off by just noticing the ways that everyone in my class would act, and I would imitate the same things. I would do anything, and I would tell myself that I had to do those things because I wanted to be accepted.

Another case would be how I see so many people from my high school acting like someone that their not when they moved to Conway for college. This one guy, in particular, which will remain nameless; I see him everyday acting a complete nut in front of everyone he’s around just to feel accepted in my opinion; but in high school he was always the guy that was dependable and was known for him being the quite guy. He also was one of my best friends. Now he has made a complete turn around just so he can be someone he’s not.

I truly believe this. I’m not saying this is how everyone is everyday of the week, but I am saying that everyone is guilty for acting totally different to be accepted by their peers. This may not seem true to most people but if you were to take an honest survey to a group of your peers most of them would say that they have done this before. Lets get serious about this topic; everyone wants to be accepted someway and somehow, because its human nature to want to be accepted.

I have live nineteen years and come to realize that everyone in this world wants to be accepted; so they change their personality and do things that not usual for them just to get accepted.