Willene - Nunica, Michigan

I Believe in Sexual Purity

When a fellow classmate questions, “Willene, so you really love a man and are engaged to be married, but he accidentally gets drunk one night and sleeps with another woman, you really would not marry him anymore?” My answer today is the same as that of my answer in class my senior year of high school. No, I would not and could not.

To me my virginity is something that once given away can not be taken back. I wish to save this precious gift for my future husband and him alone. As a Christian I believe that God created humans for a divine purpose and that our sexual desires are to be kept under control. Throughout the Bible God talks about virgins and how valuable purity is. I believe that each person has the ability to control their sexual desires, and if I am able to then I expect my future spouse to do the same. Why should I settle for less when I try hard to keep my thoughts and actions pure? I was once told that I could be treated in three different ways. The first is like a styrofoam cup which is used and then carelessly thrown away. The second is like an average coffee mug which is considered nicer than a styrofoam cup, but not all that great. The best of all is the third and it is a beautiful china cup. This china cup is handled with care and is truly the most valuable. I choose to keep my thoughts and actions pure in order to present myself like the china cup, a wonderful treasure.

When I marry I want to be able to look my husband in the eye and tell him that I had enough strength through God’s help to remain pure for him, and find that he waited for me as well. Because of my belief in purity, I purposely try to avoid situations that could tempt me. I try to present myself in an appropriate fashion in what clothes I wear and also how I speak to and about people. I keep my thoughts pure by not listening to music or watching movies with a lot of sexual themes. Because I want to remain pure for my future husband, I think about the effects that my actions might have on my future and the consequences that might follow.