Phillip - Greenville, Michigan

Brotherhood

Brotherhood is such an important part of life on this earth. I believe that God provided us with communities to form brotherhoods among them. In doing so one can look to another when in trouble or when down about life. I consider brotherhood the act of treating everyone equal, regardless of any type of differences, and to watch their backs for them.

The military is a very great and unique way to provide us with true understanding of brotherhood. I have grown up in a military orientated family and got to see and hear about the brotherhood that is created among soldiers. My father would tell me that one of the greatest parts of serving in the military is that of the brotherhood that is formed and how each man has to rely on each other. You learn that the man next to you is the one you are fighting for and that soldiers stick together and rely on each other to stay alive.

I now am a member of the military and believe that I will get to feel and understand these concepts better in the future.

Not having brothers there with you would seem almost impossible when going through any trails in life. I think some people take for granted the opportunity they have to form brotherhoods that others may long for. I believe soldiers live with each other, fall with each other, and rise to the tasks set before them. This is because of the brotherhood that is formed among them.

Brotherhood, as I see it, is an opportunity for the people of this world to gain and enhance the lives among us. Life will seem way easier and you may learn so much about yourself when forming these brotherhoods. I believe that if people among today’s society form brotherhoods there will be great and rewarding lessons learned about the life of others.