Seth - Spring Hill, Kansas

I believe that when I entered high school God began calling me to be a youth pastor. I was noticing that all the time the youth were being neglected. Parents would be upset that their wasn’t anything for their youth but they wouldn’t do anything about it. Except some would leave and try to find somewhere where there was a youth program.

Well as a youth minister I would want to create an atmosphere where youth feel invited and comfortable hanging out and like to hang out that is a Christian atmosphere. To make the church something they want to be apart of instead of something they have to be apart of because in doing that then they will be less likely to be learning from other influences.

Yes they will still be presented with things that we wish for them to stay away from but if they are constantly focusing on God and fellowshipping with fellow Christian youth it will be easier for them to resist temptation. Then when they do fall they will have somewhere where they feel safe that they can go and still feel accepted. Yes this should go on inside the home, but wouldn’t it be great if it could go both inside and outside the home?

Now yes there will be some that will do anything regardless of the good or bad influences around them. For those who are questioning things wouldn’t be nice to have a good alternative for them to go to when they are confronted with something they don’t want to be involved in. Without a good alternative they are more likely to give into making a bad choice. Many times when I have made a bad choice if there had been something else so as to choose between two things instead of just whether or not to do one thing it would have been much easier to do what was right.

I feel that God has called me to reach out these young people to be an influence in their life someone who maybe can reach them where others weren’t able, and if nothing else to provide an alternative to a temptation of theirs.

I do doubt this quite frequently though. I wonder is this something I am doing this because my dad is a pastor? Or am I doing this just because I decided to when I was twelve?

I feel though that this is truly what God has called me to do. I don’t feel qualified and there are many things that I know I won’t be able to do. I just need to trust in Him to help me do what it is He wants me to do.