Larry - Conway, Arkansas
Themes: golden rule

What Goes Around Comes Around

When I was a little boy I had a lot of toys and a lot of cousins’ who didn’t have any. When my cousins’ came over they would always try to play with my toys and selfish as I was, I would not let them. I remember how my cousin would try to go into my toy box, but before they could open it there was a sign that said “Do not touch my toys.” My mother would always catch me fighting with my cousins, because I would not let them play with my toys. They would also tell my mother why we had been’ fighting, and she would chew me out for it. One day she sat down with me and told me that it is not good to be selfish and that what goes around comes around. At that young age, when she said that it went into one ear and out the other. Later on down the road I started to see it coming back on me.

It was around Christmas time, and every child my age wanted a Play Station 2 for Christmas. I just knew I had one under the Christmas tree waiting for me to open. Christmas Eve my mother had let me and my cousin open one gift a piece. I pick out a box that looks like a Play Station 2 wrap up. Before I start opening my gift I told my cousin this might be my Play Station 2, and you know your mother couldn’t afford it. With a look that could kill he said,” I don’t even want a Play Station 2.” The next day it was time for us to open our gifts. I open gift after gift, and now to my last gift which I know it was the Play Station 2. It took the wrapping off with a big smile, and it was a race car set. I looked across the room and there was my cousin with a Kool Aid smile opening a gift that my mother gave him. I wondered what it was and out of no where he screamed, “Play Station 2!” My face fell like a sad puppy, I was very upset. The next day my cousin hooked up the game, and I just knew that we were going to play together. I reached for the controller, and he took it and wrapped it up. He looked at me with the look my mother gave me when she said, “what goes around comes around.” I felt bad because of how mean I use to be to them. If you be good to other then other will be good to you. What goes around comes around this I believe.