Philip - media, Pennsylvania

I believe in laziness. Plain and simple, laziness. I believe that everyone is lazy. Although some people may seem like work-aholics or working machines they are lazy, just at a much lower laziness level. I don’t know of, or heard of anyone that doesn’t like to just sit in front of the television once in awhile, or just relax on the couch, or listen to music, or listen to music while relaxing on the couch in front of the T.V. even the slightest urge to just sit there and do nothing is showing laziness. When a person wakes up and doesn’t want to get out of bed, it is because they are avoiding some kind of displeasure, and that is being lazy.

It is 10:15 in the morning right now and the last thing that I want to do is work, this is because I am lazy, and all the people around me are lazy, they are hungry and ready and rearing to get to lunch, and relax with friends and to be able to forget about work. And if any one of them denies being lazy then they are liars, because I know for a fact (because they have either said it or expressed it in some way or another) that they watch T.V or don’t like getting out of bed, or prefer sleeping instead of taking that 50 question test they have later in the day.

My mother was actually the one that came up with the theory that everyone is lazy.

There I was, sitting on the couch playing Halo on my Xbox; my mom came up to me and called me lazy. I shrugged it off and started looking around for more aliens to kill. Then my mom started randomly rambling on about how everyone is lazy. Although I didn’t hear all the bits and pieces of her little spiel, I was too focused on killing every last alien on the pixilated planet. I think she could see that I wasn’t paying much attention to her and she repeated that I was lazy; I replied “well, if everyone is lazy then that includes those academically enriched kids you want me to be like. So what’s the problem?” she then grounded me for being a smartass.

Now, that story may seem kind of pointless, and in a way it kind of was. But if I took the credit for my mother’s words then I would feel guilty. The story says to me that if everyone is lazy, then if someone says that they aren’t lazy then they are liars. And on that happy note, I’m hungry and bid you adieu.