Alex - lincoln, Nebraska

Is there just one true religion?

History has thought us that religion is the strongest entity in the world. People could be executed for just being from a different religion other than Catholic. Now time has passed and the Catholic Church is still one of the strongest. After the end of many persecutions of different churches new religions have appeared, all of them with the same goal, worshiping God.

I am from South America and the main religion in there is the Catholic. In fact I was baptized into the Catholic Church at the age of eighteen. My parents wanted me to choose my own religion, so they waited until I was a grown up to let me decide. I choose to be a Catholic because I went to a Catholic school, and I was raised in a Catholic environment. My parents wanted me to be a Catholic. Since my baptism I went to different churches, all of them offered me the truth about God. Because of my curiosity I ended up in an Adventist College. I can say that I am the only Catholic that believes in the Sabbath (day of the week given to us to rest and praise God), and the only Adventist that worships Mary. If I want be accepted completely into one of these religions I have to change some of my beliefs.

Why should I change my beliefs just to be part of a religion? Imagine that your mother, the woman that was with you since you were born, is not your real mother, Will you stop loving her? As a Catholic I worshiped Mary since I was a child, because I believed that Jesus gave His mother to be ours. If I want to be an Adventist I have to stop worshiping Mary. If I want to be a Catholic, I should stop believing in Sabbath. I know a lot of people who are confused about religion, and some of them have created their own. I won’t create my own religion, because there are already a lot, and it’ll be more confusing.

If all religions have the same goal to worship God, why would just one church hold the truth? I believe that God is the truth, and if all religion worships God, all religions have the truth. Different religions see the Bible, the word of God, in different ways. Some people even memorize the Bible, but even with all the theory learned they still fail in the practice. I believe you don’t need to memorize the Bible to be a right man, when you can resume the whole Holy Book with one word, “Love”, it’ll be easier to remember what to do if we just remember that word. I believe that faith is more important than any religion, because there are many religions and just one God.

I am not sure if just one religion that holds the truth about God, the only thing I am sure about is I am one of the sons of God and that my path to go to His kingdom, is my faith. That’s my truth, what it’s yours?