Chantal - Hot Springs, Arkansas

Beauty Is More than Skin Deep

“At the heart of all beauty lies something inhuman, and these hills, the softness of the sky, the outline of these trees at this very minute lose the illusory meaning with which we had clothed them, henceforth more remote than a lost paradise. . . that denseness and that strangeness of the world is absurd.”- Albert Camus

I believe beauty is more than skin deep. So what does beauty actually mean? Well Webster defines beauty as being the quality or aggregate of qualities in a person or thing that gives pleasure to the sense of pleasurably exalts the mind or spirit, but I believe beauty not only comes in the physical appearance of someone, but also in how someone genuinely is.

I believe beauty is a sense of happiness and satisfaction with our bodies. Beauty cannot come from attaining an unrealistic goal, but rather through self-acceptance. We should not judge ourselves based solely on our weight, dress size, or muscularity, but rather by our energy level, our emotional well-being, and our overall health and fitness. Beauty is not what is defined by the entertainment industry. – Beauty Is More than Skin Deep.

Many people believe that in today’s society beauty is overrated. Beauty is not in the physical or material things someone can possess, but it lies in the heart and soul of humble person. For example, someone may look at a cancer victim whose hair has been shaved off and think they are unattractive, but on the inside they may be very kind and loving. – Beauty Is More than Skin Deep.

I believe a person’s morals, personality, sincerity, and attitude are what project the beauty of a person. I also believe that when a person gets old and wrinkly, there beautiful outside features go away, but the beauty on the inside will stay. For example, everyone during there lifetime may have wanted to be like a supermodel or celebrity, but without all the makeup and material things who are they like? Are they still the same calm and collective people they appear to be on TV underneath all the makeup, the glitz, and the glam? – Beauty Is More than Skin Deep.

“Beauty is unbearable, drives us to despair, offering us for a minute the glimpse of an eternity that we should like to stretch out over the whole of time.” – Albert Camus