Elizabeth - Wisconsin

Friends

Life is short make the most of it. People are always telling me that. Who better to help you make the most of your life but your friends? I believe everyone in this world needs friends. Friends will stand behind you through tough times, good times and the times when you’re just sitting back and enjoying life. Friends will support you through life.

Having friends in my life makes me want to get up and go to school. They make me feel important, when they tell me their secrets. The presence of friends in my life helps me understand that everyone is their own person and you should never try and change them. Friends are someone I can talk to.

Having friends is a way of making many memories. One of the fondest memories that comes to my mind is the summer going into eighth grade. My friend and I had the biggest crush on the two hottest guys in eighth grade. We would spend every day trying to run into them.

Finally the boy I had the crush on asked me out. It was a day I will never forget because my best friend was there to talk to. The whole summer we told secrets, drove the boys crazy, helped each other make wise decisions and kept each other on our toes that whole summer. That is a summer I will never forget.

Friends cause me to try new things. Like peanut butter on pancakes. Who would have thought that would be come one of my favorite foods? My best friend did! Friends cause me to feel emotion. They help me open up and they make me feel comfortable with who I am.

Having friends in my life makes me a better person. Friends are people who I get to have fun with on a nonstop basis. When I am old I will get to look back on my life and have a little chuckle now and then.

I really couldn’t tell you what my life would be like if I didn’t have friends. I wouldn’t have anyone to share my secrets with and no one to make me try new things. Friends are what keep me going everyday. This I believe.