Holly - Napoleon, Ohio

I Believe Everything Happens For a Reason

I know I cannot just guide my way through life doing what I want to do. Things happen. Uncontrollable things that may not exactly be what I want, but they do happen. Even as they happen in my life I realize it is because there is something more in my life that is needed from me or that is going to happen. I believe everything happens for a reason.

As a child, I grew up with a great plan of how I was going to spend the rest of my life. I was going to live in a wonderful neighborhood with an adorable cat, right next to my best friend who had lived next to me, as of then, my whole life. Surprisingly enough, my plans changed. As I grew up, I began to grow apart from that old friend and the rest of my plans. When I was a child, I wanted to be best friends with my neighbor forever, but things happened. We began school, at different schools, and started talking and playing together less. Our relationship slowly and sadly withered, as our paths took different directions. Years later I moved away and we never really spoke again. I began to make to make more friends because I moved on and my old friend and I were not close anymore. Friends I may have never met if I still had that close bond with my old neighbor. Although I had such a rough time letting go of that friend and future life, I knew without letting go I would never be where I am today. There was a reason for the pain of losing that one friend, a reason for that change in my path. I now find myself experiencing things and people that I had never planned in my life because of my unexpected changes. These events are just one example of the changes that have happened in my life for a reason. As I grow older I find myself experiencing and recognizing more events in my life that have reason, and bring me to better or new things.

You can never be sure of what is going to come your way, but you can know that there is going to be a reason for it. It may be a tough or abrupt change that can lead to a journey you are unsure of, but always know there is a light at the end of that tunnel and a reason that it is there.