Jenelle - Napoleon, Ohio

Have you ever looked into the eyes of a dreamer? They are always looking at something in the distance. They always have a faraway look in their eyes. I am one of those dreamers. Many teachers have told me to quit daydreaming and focus at what is at hand. That what is important is not what is in the distance but what is in front of my nose. However, I still look at what is in the distance and dream. I dream of what is visible and invisible to the eyes of a dreamer. I dream of what I can do to improve reality. There is a bigger picture that only a dreamer can see. I believe that dreamers are the ones who create reality.

I want to be an author, a poet, and a playwright. To be able to make this a reality, I must dream. I must dream of faraway places. I must dream of the past, the present, and the future. I must dream of people known and yet to be known. I must dream of the stories that must be told and the legends to be passed on. I must dream of accomplishing the impossible and what others tell me cannot be accomplished, just like two bicycle shop owners who dreamed of flying. The Wright Brothers were told it was impossible and they ignored those impossibilities. They flew the first airplane. Like that airplane, my accomplished dreams will lift me to new heights and to dream of bigger and better things. Some dreams may fail but they only provide me with newer and greater dreams and opportunities to dream. The dreams that succeed are the ones that will let me soar. I may be shy and quiet with a faraway look in my eyes but one day my dreams will change reality. Dreams of freedom, hope, and better things to come drive me just like those before me to think outside the box, to become a dreamer, to change reality for the greater good of man kind.

I will continue to dream and to write. I will one day take people away from their troubles for a little while to soar into the unknown. This is a dream I can and will one day change into a reality. All I have to be is a dreamer who creates reality. I will always be a dreamer, but I will also chase my dreams and change the real world. It may be a dream in progress but then so is reality.