Lawrence - Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Themes: Christianity

God’s Ways of Change

I believe in the power of change controlled by God. He works his mysteries in many different ways in everyone’s life. Of course some people may feel that God did not do this or He did not do that but in the end, I feel He had something to do with it even if it’s too small to notice.

Ever since I can remember I have gone to church. My dad was the one who would always make us get up and attend church every Sunday. His ways of religion have rubbed off on me. He has always told me that God has blessed my whole family and that nothing is possible without him. After saying this, I will move on to my life changing adventure. Everything began on my vacation to Florida with my family and my best friend. One night my friend and I decided to go out and rent scooters. After a few hours of fun, it was getting late and we were getting stupid. We decided going 30mph down the strip, that we would slap hands. Of course we try and next thing you know we lose control of the scooters and both crash. We ended up going to the hospital and we got treated for road rash. My story does not end here. Later that week I am driving my dad’s truck and what do you know, I wreck it into 4 other cars. After the vacation was over, I had never felt so stupid in my entire life.

When it was all said and done, my dad came over to me and wanted to talk. He tells me that in his interpretation of everything that had happened; he felt that God was trying to tell me to “slow down.” I felt he told me to slow down in every meaning that comes to mind. Slow down, in the aspects of driving, thinking stupidly, and life in general. God showed me how I need to adjust my life schedule and I believe that He shows everyone the same thing even though they may not notice.