Alexus - Iola, Wisconsin
Themes: place

This I believe

As I’ve grown up, I had the opportunity to travel. As I have traveled to different countries I have seen how other people live. We are lucky to live in the United States because most of us have a better life compared to other countries.

A couple of years ago, my family and I went to Mexico. While I was there I saw many different people, and many different life styles. The population is different. There are more people who live in Mexico and it makes it more crammed for everyone to live.

Life in Mexico is really different. More people struggle to make a living and they don’t get to have many nice things. Money is different in Mexico and items are less expensive, the wages that people get in Mexico are also less expensive, so they can afford them and so the people who are street vendors can make more money so they can buy more things like clothes, food and other products that they might need.

After looking at how some people have to live in Mexico I realize how different our life styles are in the United States. In America many people have well paying jobs, and where I live not many people sell items on the streets to make money.

Another thing different in Mexico is that the water isn’t sanitary, there is some type of bacteria in it that can make you very sick, and so you can’t drink the water unless it is bottled water. There might be some areas in the United States where you cannot drink that water but the water is bad in almost every place in Mexico.

In America there are many things to see. But when you travel to other countries you can see how other people lived a long time ago. While I was in Mexico we went to see all of the ancient temples that the Aztecs and the Mayans had built thousands of years ago. Just going and looking at the temples taught me so much about the history of Mexico. I even climbed to the top of the great pyramid Ch Chen Itza. That pyramid was built thousands of years ago and is now a big tourist attraction.

After traveling to Mexico I realized how different other countries are and I learned many things from the few days I was there. That’s why I think that everyone should travel some place at least once in his or her lifetime. This I believe.