Etahn - iola, Wisconsin
Themes: sports

I believe in hunting. It is something in my life that is very important to my family and I. It was something that I was taught when I was 12 years old when I took hunter safety.

My first year of hunting I got up at 4:30 am in the morning and talked with my grandpa about his first year of hunting and how scared and nerves he was while we drank some hot chocolate. At 5:00 am we got dressed and headed to the stand. When I got to my stand it was of dark, there was a light fog and it was quite cold. I 0]

Turned on my heater and started to look for deer, didn’t see anything. Around 3:00 pm I woke up from my nap and looked all around. I saw an eight point buck about 60 yards away. I was shaking I didn’t know if I could shoot it so I put my 12 gauge Remington 870 up on my gun rest, got him in my sights and shot. It dropped right in its tracks.

I was so proud of my self I couldn’t believe I did it. I called my step dad and my grandpa on the radio they came rushing over. They were so proud of me. Then my dad said now for the fun part. I got to gut it out, it was the best time of my life.

Ever sense I started to hunt I love every bit it. It is a great time for me to be by my self and to think about life. A lot of people ask me why do you go and sit in the woods for hours just to shoot a deer .I tell them you will never know the feeling of seeing that monster buck, it is an adrenalin rush. All though hunting is a lot of work and also very expensive. The work comes by hanging stands, scouting and many other things. The expensive come from buying guns and ammo, land, stands and things like that.

Hunting can also save you money if you like to eat wild game. Rather than go out and buy any kind of meat you can just go hunt for it. If you deer hunt you can use the meat for steaks, hamburger, and many other things.

It is also a good way to get to know a lot of different hunters and they’re different way how they hunt differently than you. When you sit in the stand all day long you get to see many things that you just can’t see every day. If you are a person who gets stressed out a lot I think hunting would be a good thing for you because you can think about so many things out in the woods its so peaceful. This I believe.