Alyson - Lynchburg, Virginia

I believe a lot of people waste useless time and energy in their lives, which ultimately leads to misusing the purpose of ones life. I believe the purpose in life is the most important thing that any person could ever want to figure out for themselves. The purpose in life is the reason that we live and breathe. People were created for different purposes and all have different dreams that they want to fulfill in their lifetime. Surely humans were not created to sit in front of the television or computer all day to try and satisfy their wants and needs by something that is not going to positively affect them in the future. I believe the purpose in which we were created is much more important than living for nothing. If life is all that we are handed, why should we sit back, relax, and not make any difference in our world, society, or culture? Our purpose should fulfill everything that we ever dream or wish.

Thinking back, I remember multiple times when my friends and I would sit around talking about the latest news about friends, fashion, family, and celebrities. After we were finished talking I felt so unfulfilled. Those countless hours talking about those things in my life have done nothing to satiate the purpose that I want to accomplish in my lifetime. I tend to think all the time that I have spent gossiping, sleeping, or wasting time by doing unimportant things and now I realize that I have wasted a lot of time when I could be fulfilling the purpose in my life.

I believe the purpose in my life is to share Jesus Christ with others. I want more people to come to know him and understand what he did for me. I believe not only by telling people who and what He did for me in my life expresses my purpose, but also by loving others. I believe anytime that I am not showing people Christ, I am not living the life of my individual purpose, and I feel empty. It is not always the easiest thing to do but I know this is the reason for my existence.

I believe that having, knowing, and living a life and fulfilling my purpose gets me through the day. I am glad that I understand what I am living for and what I believe at such a young age. I think if I did not know my purpose in life I would be living selfishly and it would be harder for me to be motivated to figure out what it was. I think that is why so many people fall in the trap of wasting away their lives. I believe if everyone found their purpose in their lives, the world would be such a better place, and people would not be living for themselves. Instead we would all be working with each other and improving our neighborhoods, community, and slowly maybe even the world.