Dominique - Greenbelt, Massachusetts

I believe that there is more than one right religion. I came to this realization when I was about 11 years old. I went to a very diverse school and at one of my friend’s sleep overs we realized that most of us had different religious beliefs. Some of my friends were Muslims, some were catholic, some were Baptist and the list went on. At first this made me somewhat uneasy. I had a fear of the unknown. As we all started talking, we realized that most of us believed the same thing, just different versions, and different ways of worship. We all had one thing in common though and that was that we all believed in one creator of all. All of us and our families were very spiritual people. As I looked around at my friends I thought to myself, it doesn’t make sense to be so close minded. How can Catholics be the only ones that are right and everyone else is wrong. This really opened up my eyes to different religions and different ways of life. You have to be open minded to other people’s beliefs. If you do not, you might miss out on a good friend. I believe that there is no one right religion. We are all human, so who are we to judge? All you can do is try to live your life right, be the best person that we can be, and have faith the there is a higher power watching over you. No human is God and no one on this earth has been to heaven and came back to tell us about it, so how is everyone so sure that they have the right religion. Religion was man-made to control groups of people. I believe the Creator loves and protects all of us.