Kirstin - Kalispell, Montana
Themes: love

I believe love heals. The opposite of love is hate. And hate comes from a person with anger; anger is one letter away from danger. Love can overcome hate, hate can’t overcome love.

When I want to go out for the weekend and my mom says no I naturally become angry. But it only lasts for 5 minutes because by that time I realize I love my mom too much to stay angry at her. If I say anything to her out of anger because she said no to my request, I rush down the stairs hurdle the baby gate and say I’m sorry. Then before I leave I tell her I love her.

I have never been able to keep a fight going with a friend. I’m always the first one to reconcile the fight, whether I was in the wrong from the beginning or not. I don’t see the point in fighting with someone you love. Although many say you aren’t close friends until you have a fight and overcome it because then you know you both care about each other too much to fight.

When my sister spills food or breaks something I just smile and clean it up. Because I love my sister and there is no benefit in getting upset, mad, or scolding her for it. If you show a child love unconditionally they will learn it and grow up and naturally love. When you love you always feel good, when you hate or are angry you never feel good. When you hate or are angry you feel hot and uncontrollable and after it you feel guilt and you feel wrong and it takes you awhile to get over it.

You can pass on love like you can pass a smile. You smile at someone for no reason other then as a hello gesture they will naturally smile to you in return and then the next person they see they will smile at. The same thing happens with love. You receive love from someone and you want to go and love someone in return. When you love there is no room for hate or anger. Love fights hate the way an antibiotic fights bacteria.

The best kind of love is unfailing love. No matter what you love, you know true love when you can do that and feel it. Many people say they love their boyfriend. But everyone knows that they are saying it as more of a given. You’re dating so uniformly you love them. But if your love for them fluctuates then you don’t have true love for them. That’s why we love our parents, siblings, and relatives no matter what because we have that unfailing love for them.

Love heals fights. Love heals my fights with my family, if I have a fight with my mom before I go to bed I can never sleep until I go downstairs and tell her I love her before I go to bed. Love heals fights with friends. That is when you know you have found a friend that is a keeper, when you resolve your fight for no apparent reason. Because that reason is you love them. Love heals a broken heart, because a heart can never be broken it can only be temporarily injured until you go home and feel your love for your pet or the love a mothers hug gives or the love a baby sister gives when you walk in the door and the first thing you see is a smile and open arms from a 2 foot tall angel.