Aleen - Carrollton, Texas

True Happiness Comes From God

I believe true happiness comes from God alone. As our Father and creator, He desires us to have joy but through Him, for He is our only path to eternal gladness.

As an eighteen year old, I have experienced many miracles in my life that have helped increase my faith and relationship with Christ. I know that He exists and answers prayers daily. Even though He may not answer our prayers when we want it most, God’s timing is better because He knows what’s best for us and what makes us truly happy. He tells us in His word to trust in Him, and in return He will show us the right path to happiness.

My dad, age forty seven now, was saved with the grace of God from at least three heart attacks in the past six years. I have heard many stories where younger men have died from a single heart attack. In fact, I have recently been informed by my friend Grant that his father died of a heart attack at the age of forty. It is just an absolute miracle that my dad has survived three through the touch of God’s hand. Although my dad had smoked earlier in his life and eats unhealthy foods, my family did not expect this climax in our life. He had open heart surgery, and a tube was put in his clogged artery to clear it out, and then closed with a stent. It is hard to imagine your dad to be in that dangerous and risky situation.

To think that I could lose my dad was terrifying and heart breaking. However, by praying to God and trusting my father to Him, I was able to discover that we can get through anything with the Lord. God allows these things to happen so we can search for Him and realize that He is our only strength and path to true happiness. I believe that this was a test for our faith. God has a reason for everything; we may not understand it but we must trust Him. Even in our daily lives with the minor things such as jobs, relationships, things we consider “not that important,” God still listens to our concerns. Having my center of focus on Christ gave me the comfort in knowing that He is in control, removing the worries held up inside of me. God is always there for us, but it is our job to cry out to Him. He clearly states in Mathew 7:7, “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.”

In conclusion, God is able to communicate to us through the Bible how much he cares and unconditionally loves us. Therefore, we must be obedient and faithful to Him in order for us to be saved for the afterlife and blessed in this life. God only wants us to choose Him so that we can be with Him forever in eternal happiness. What more could we want?