Phillip - Moorhead, Minnesota
Themes: parenthood

I think hero is a hard word to say to someone. Even though they say this person is my hero, I don’t think they really mean it. Hero, in my mind, is someone who will always be at your side and never turn their back on you. A hero to me is someone who is like your best friend. My heroes are my parents because they always care about me and try to make time to spend with me. Even when times get bad, they are always there to support me. I feel as if the word hero should be defined as a parent or a guardian.

I can remember all the times when I was sick or when I wasn’t having a good day when I didn’t want to talk to anybody. Both of my parents always took the time to at least come and take the time to care about my needs. Even though I never really thanked them, I think they knew I thanked them anyway. Right now I wish I could see my heroes, but due to the fact that they are 6 hours away from me. Most people think a hero should be someone who you idolize or look up to through sports or something you are interested in. I on the other hand think that a hero should be someone who will take time out of their everyday lives. So to me my parents are my biggest heroes because if somebody believed in you, then I think you can do anything you put your mind to and that can help you get to your dream job or other dreams you have.