Daion - Biloxi, Mississippi

I could list all day long the things in this world that I believe, appreciate, or respect. Some things stand out more than others, things that put me in a better mood than I was before, even if only for a short while. These things are not even major life changing events. What makes them wonderful is the simplicity of them. The simple things in our everyday lives that often go unnoticed are the ones that make living worthwhile, this I believe.

I believe falling in love with someone and learning he is in love with me too makes my life worthwhile. I believe finding unexpected but absolutely gorgeous flowers laying on my bed makes my life worthwhile. I believe receiving a compliment from a stranger makes my life worthwhile. I believe accepting a helping hand even when I am not in need just so I can return the favor when someone else needs a helping hand makes my life worthwhile. I believe hearing my favorite song on the radio when I am in a bad mood or stuck in traffic makes my life worthwhile. I believe seeing an old high school friend and being reminded of all of the memories made back then makes my life worthwhile. I believe being nervous about a new class in college and realizing everyone else is just as nervous as I am makes my life worthwhile. I believe getting the highest grade in the class on a test and feeling, for that moment, that I can accomplish anything in the world if I try makes my life worthwhile. Most of all, I believe my ability to stop and find the happiness in such simple things God gives to me makes my life worthwhile.

As long as I find joy in simple things, I will be content with my life. Life would be miserable if I could not find happiness in little things because I would not be able to satisfy my life as easily as I am able to now. Being able to see the beauty in events that may not be a big deal to anyone else is a characteristic I am happy to have. I also hope that other people will try to find the happiness and beauty in every situation to make life more enjoyable for everyone’s sake.