Raul - Austin, Texas

“The time is here, utilize it!”

According to my up to date life’s experiences. My personal statement that guides my life is: “Don’t leave things for tomorrow when you can do them today.” I believe that everything I start has to be done in a certain period of time, satisfying the requirements for it. When I set a goal, it has to be realistic and specific, every goal I make has a start and finish date . If I start procrastinating with the tasks that I have to do, my life will be a chaos. I would never finish them. Doing that I would be a lack of responsibilities and I would become a meaningless person in life.

Since I was a little kid my mom has taught me that I should be a responsible person with everything that is going on in my life. She has taught me to do things in a positive way at the right time and with my best effort. I like to set my priorities first and then enjoy my free time. I am not that kind of individual that leaves important things to the last minute and decide to do less important things first. If I become a person that likes to procrastinate I will never get anywhere.

One example from my life is when I am studying for a test. I decide to be at home studying rather than being at a party or somewhere else. I can go party another day. I believe that education is a very important tool that will help me during life to advance. I belief that doing the important things in your life will have the results of a happier life in the future. I know we need distractions but we can’t forget about the tasks we have to do. I learned that life has to be in balance. If the balance is overwhelmed in one of its sides it will cause problems.During all my life I have tried to keep that balance. It has been difficult but it is for my well-being. Finishing everything I have to do has made me a responsible person. I am proud of that.

Finishing the work and assignments first will let me enjoy life later. You cannot go through life leaving things for later. The time is now and we have to utilize it in the best way possible. Our life is short and we have to enjoy it by doing the right things at the right time.