Branden - Troy, Idaho

In Nicaragua it is hard work every day for about twelve hours a day. My family and I went down to Nicaragua for three mouths. Every day in Nicaragua is very hard because it is very hot and humid. Our hard work in Nicaragua helped out a lot of people. My dad and I were working on two school buildings for the children in the village where we were. We got the two schools almost built in three mouths. All that was left to do was put the roof on the schools. For those three mouths, my dad and I got up at five in the morning and we didn’t stop until about ten at night. The only thing we stopped for was lunch and that is it. We worked six days a week for those three mouths. This was an eye opener to see how these people live and then how we live in the United States. This experience was amazing to go down to another country and help other people that need it more.

I believe in hard work because hard work will bring you money. If you work hard enough you can become a millionaire if that is was you want. My dad had a sign made for us in our house that said “Work hard every day and never give up” and every morning I walked down the stairs, I would read that. My dad always said “that if you work hard enough then you can work anywhere and do anything you want.”

Hard work applies everywhere, including your job. If you work hard in your job, you are likely to get better recommendations when you go to apply for other jobs. My dad always said, “Work hard at your job, no matter what. If you work hard, people will recognize you and want you to work for them.” If you work hard at your job, you can move up in your job and get better money.

Hard work can earn you many things. One of those things is respect. With respect comes a good word about you, a good reputation. It can also give someone the chance to trust you. The people in Nicaragua trusted my dad and me to build the walls for those students and have them not fall on them. Trust will earn you respect and future work.

The best thing that hard work can bring you is personal satisfaction. For the three months that my family was in Nicaragua, we never got paid to build those schools. We didn’t want to get paid. We did it to help the people, because they needed a school and to bring Christ into their life. We did it to help and that helped us to feel good about ourselves and what we were doing.

I believe in hard work. I believe that hard work can bring many material things, and it can give you chances to prove yourself as a person. But most of all, it brings pride in yourself; it gives you personal satisfaction, knowing that you helped someone when you didn’t have to. You put your sweat and tears to help a stranger. My family and I helped over one hundred and ten children and their families. I will never forget the morals that my dad taught me. Hard work was one of those morals that will follow me through the rest of my life, and I will pass on that moral to my children. I believe in hard work most of all.