Eric - El Paso, Texas

I believe in arriving early, it’s my life style. I was taught by my high school football coach to always arrive early, and I really appreciate him for doing what he did.

It was my freshmen year in high school and we had a very important game that night. He told us to be back by 5 pm. to warm up. Some of our main players were late. I always thought it would be ok for me to be just a little bit late, but not to my coach. He told us, “To be early is to be on time, to be on time is to be late, and to be late is unacceptable.” He also said that you should be early everywhere you go not just to games. Being early shows respect and that you are professional, it’s the first impression that matters. Coach told us that being early builds character. After hearing this, I made being early my life motto.

My coach left such a big impression on me .Ever since then, I have been living my life by arriving early everywhere I go. No matter where I go I arrive at least ten minutes early. I feel like arriving early is the right thing to do for me because I like to show respect to my professors during their lecture, and not disrupting the whole class by getting there late. I also feel like it expresses who I am because, it’s what I do in a day to day basis. It also shows my character and responsibility that I have. Some times I feel like sleeping in and getting late to class but I remember my coach and the words that he would say to me if he knew I was late to class. I feel like arriving early has made me a better person because, I feel very professional even though I’m far from being a professional. People who know me know me as the person that is always early. People think that I’m crazy for being early but that is just who I am.

About a year ago I had a very important job interview to go to. I arrived there about fifteen minutes early so I was the first person to get interviewed. I made very good first impression by arriving early and I got hired on the spot. I still arrive early to work because it shows that I’m ready to work and to succeed. It also shows that I care a lot about my job and respect towards my managers and my co-workers.

Arriving early is a part of my life now, and I would like to carry it on to my children. I want to show them my belief and hopefully they will carry it on to their children as well. I have been arriving early ever since I was fourteen and I plan on arriving early till I die. This I believe.