Alexander - El paso, Texas

There’s No Such Word as Can’t

This I believe, I believe that there is no such word as can’t. All my life everyone has been telling me things that they can or can’t do. Even I myself use to always say I can’t do this or that. More people are quick to say things that they can’t do instead of things that they can do. So if someone was to ask me to do something like, can you do me a favor I always say sure what is it? But in most cases and most people’s minds when they hear can you do me a favor in there minds they automatically start thinking of ways to say I cant instead of listening to the favor or what the person has to say before hand. I believe that by following this rule my life has been better and it helped me earn a lot of peoples trust and just to be my friend because I reason with everybody simply by saying I can do this for you instead of I cant do this for you .

There are situation where I just want to give up and say I cant do it or I cant do this, but by following this rule by believing that there is no such word as cant I automatically say to myself I can do this. So it has helped me a lot with believing in myself and not giving up as well. Giving up in my book is very unforgivable, when I give up on something I absolutely hate myself for it because now for the rest of my life I have to live with that feeling and know that I could of did this but I didn’t because I quit at it. So for that simple reason I try to avoid using I can’t because it’s a way of giving up.

My dad is the person that really taught me that there is no such word as can’t, because when I was little that’s the only words that came out of my mouth with everything. When I was little I spoke English but not that much because the main language in the house was German. So when it came time to speak English or my dad would just teach me words here and there and when he told me to speak I would always say” I can’t”. He would tell me yes you can there is no such word as can’t and from then on I would speak English to him on a day to day basis because I had a feeling that he believed in me by telling me that I can do it instead of saying I can’t do it. I believe that this helps me in life everyday because I try a lot harder and I have a feeling that I can accomplish and do anything I want to and it keeps me focused and will get me where I need to be later on in life.