Endura - Boise, Idaho

Art Is My Savior

In my life, there have been many hardships, many scars, and plenty of roads that seemed almost too difficult to travel at one point or another. Everyone has their rough points, their bumpy roads, and their unbearable times in life. At these moments we have, or need something to fall back on, weather it be family, friends, addictions, or passions. These fallbacks save us from ourselves or the minds undying want to slip into a black hole and never return when we are depressed, because of the dreadful events that have happened one after the other throughout the years, months or days.

Art has always been my passion, and in a way, my addiction. It has saved me from a life full of sadness, torn me away from depression, kept me from loneliness, fueled my wants to better my education, helped me express myself in ways I could not otherwise, and in a way, I believe it helped govern my life.

To be frank, I don’t think I’d still be here today if it wasn’t for my ability to express myself through my artwork. It gave me an outlet to vent my emotions; instead of keeping them bottled up inside, and express to others the way that I felt about one thing or another, or just everything in general. It also helped my mother, my brothers and sisters, and my friends understand me, where otherwise they would not have.

Not only has my art helped me though life in many different ways, it has taught me very valuable lessons. For one, it has taught me that no matter what, patience, in the end creates the most admirable work, and makes you feel more successful in what you were attempting to accomplish. Learning this lesson, I’ve applied it to life in general, and it has helped me progress immensely in my goals. Besides patience, my art has taught me understanding. It taught me how to keep an open mind on all that I encounter, and to see through the puzzles of people trying to express themselves, and if nothing else, have the vague comprehension of what they are attempting to say.

My artwork has kept me from drowning in life’s vast pool of chaos and confusion. It kept me afloat when I would have drowned, it showed me a way, when I would have been lost, and it gave me a passion that has fueled my life. Thus, I believe my art is my savior.