Kristen - Tucson, Arizona
Themes: setbacks

Every person has experienced at least one “bad day” during his or her life. Those days where everything seems to be crashing down are unavoidable. Everything you want is out of your reach and you feel like there is nothing you can even do to improve your situation. It is the day where you just stop the struggle and decide that you no longer want to put out any more effort. You think your goals can’t be reached and all you want to do is give up. Those are the days where it is most important to remember that there are always reasons to keep hoping. I believe that you must never stop believing.

Horrible events happen in the world everyday. We, as individual people and society as a whole, place much focus on the negativity that we are surrounded with. I know that frequently when I am feeling down about something, I quickly forget all that is good in my life. I allow a few situations that haven’t gone my way or a few people that have upset me to completely ruin my mood. The same effect takes place in the media. The majority of stories reported involve the worst things that exist in the world. Violence, suffering, and all forms of hardships are the subjects of all stories representing the important events that take place each day. It makes it very easy to begin to see the world as a disappointing place where no one can be happy. That is when you must depend on yourself to realize all hope.

If you take a little bit of time, and you fight that natural instinct to worry about all that is not right, you may see all that is wonderful. When you choose to open your eyes up to people and things in a different way than you ever have before, you will see the positive. You will also see how much more positive there is in the world and how it can come in unimaginable forms. When you are feeling down and you think nothing can make you happy, you must look around you. Look around to find the love in your family and friends, the beauty in nature, and the sun shining down on you. There is so much in the world to be hopeful for and we cannot let ourselves forget that.

I believe that you must never stop believing.