Cameron - Orrville, Ohio

“Men fear death as children fear to go in the dark; and as that natural fear in children is increased by tales, so is the other. “

-Francis Bacon

Death is a topic that is always pushed off to the side, not to be talked about. We fear death. Why? The darkness that we see in death only opens up to new light, a whole new adventure not yet explained by man. I have grown to see that my faith has guided me live life with the knowledge that one day when I fall into that ever so scary eternity of rest I will meet my maker, and He will judge me. It will be the defining point on how well I led my life, my family, and my friends. Death does not scare me; it encourages me to live my life to its fullest potential. I do not want to die young; I want to die old and happy.

If one day a doctor were to tell me I only have so long to live, I wouldn’t be upset. I love life, but if it is my time to leave Earth and go on to afterlife and “let it be,” as John Lennon once said. I would only be upset if I led a bad life, but only GOD can judge me. He put all of us onto Earth to eventually die. Life is merely a journey to death, we are born, go to teen years, midlife, and old age, and all these lead to what? Death. . We all live for ourselves, but to make a positive impact on the human race and every being that exists today. Are we living this life right? The only way to find out is to eventually pass on. There is no reason to be afraid; GOD is all the more motivation live life as he would. Our body’s time clocks only last so long, have you made yourself yet? Your life will be on repeat for eternity, is it going to be worth the time? College, Job, 401k, retirement, spiritual fulfillment, and death; our lives all may be different at the climax, but the endings are all the same.

This I Believe.