Emilee - Whitefish, Montana
Themes: Christianity

Life is a Journey

I often imagine living in this world all alone; without any friends, siblings, or even animals. I realize if this were the case, I would feel empty and extremely lonely. I think people need others in order to feel complete, and most relationships complete the emptiness in all of us. I believe we are comforted through relationships because they fulfill us. People need people, and by having different relationships we learn to become stronger within ourselves, regardless the circumstances of the relationship.

For example, I went through a stage of consistently fighting with my best friend, and yet I still wanted to see her on a daily basis. This made me come to the realization that not only do I have a friendship, but a strong relationship. In the past four years, I have learned what it takes to contain strong and healthy friendships. My friend and I have been through many struggles in our camaraderie that has only made us stronger. Our relationship has taught both of us to trust others, believe others, and to look beyond little mistakes.

Another significant relationship I have is with God. Basically, you could call me a “religious” person; but in reality I have a relationship with Jesus Christ. The word “religion” was formed to put a set of beliefs into actions. As being a religious person, I would agree with many non-religious people who say religion is a bunch of crap. I believe anyone can be “religious” but not everyone strives for a “relationship” with their God; which is the most important aspect to any religious belief. Society has turned “religion” into something based on rules and ideas, but in truth, “religion” is just another name for having a “relationship” with a higher power.

By having different relationships, people experience diverse personalities and learn to be open towards others. Life is a journey full of ups and downs; if you take that journey with other people, life will become a much smoother ride.