Linda - Tucson, Arizona

Happiness is an important mood to express. Happiness is important, both, to individuals as well as the world. It has a powerful and positive impact on the body. Happiness is filled with the pleasant emotions and moods that comprise it. Aristotle described happiness as “the highest good.” Being able to understand one’s mood will make a person find happiness. Being happy causes the acidic chemistry in our body to convert into alkaline, which is a chemical to fight away sickness. Your mind functions much better when it is happy. Your thoughts flow more effortlessly and your imagination is more fruitful. As humans become happier, they become better people. They will become more creative, more compassionate, more energetic, more financially successful, and more emotionally and physically healthy. The world needs happy people. Unhappiness breeds wars and terrorism. Terrorists who attack individuals and populations are deeply dissatisfied with various social, political, religious and/or economic realities. Happy individuals would not commit acts of terror. The steps to finding happiness is to start finding joy within oneself. One must find something that makes he/she proud of who they are. Everyone has something good to share with the world, one just has to find that special something and use it. It is inevitable that there will never be any speed bumps along the path of life that will fill a person with sorrow. That person, however, must turn their sorrow into a positive change and use it to help the world or those around them. My friend, Lisa, had lost her dad to cancer when she was seventeen years old. Her and her family were devastated. About three months after his death, she used her sorrow to change the world. She held a benefit concert and raised $50,000 to donate to the cancer research facility at the University Medical Center in Tucson, Arizona. Lisa was able to overcome this speed bump in her life by providing happiness to others. Happiness is a task that can be fulfilled with little effort, and it is all the world needs to become a better place.