Heather - Grayling, Michigan
Themes: love

I Believe in Love

I didn’t think that true love existed, that love at first sight was true. I never thought the day would come when I would meet the man I would marry. I had given up trying to find love when love found me.

I had been at a friend’s house when I first saw him. Rob walked in carrying a case of Budweiser beer. We sat for several hours playing cards and drinking, when I decided that I should go home. He had offered to walk me home (even though I only lived a couple of houses down), but I refused his offer. He was trying to be a gentleman, and I blew him off. I thought I had blown any chances of being with this man.

I talked to my friend a few days later and found out Rob was single and had a son named Jon. He owned his own home and had a good job. Most of the people I was attracted to were, let’s just say losers. It wasn’t even a few days later when he stopped in where I worked and asked for my phone number. I gave him my number but didn’t expect him to call. I was so excited when he called a couple of days later.

This was a feeling I had never experienced before. We started dating and then I met Jon. This little boy was so sweet and liked having me around (which was a really good thing). I had stayed over pretty late one night when Jon asked me to stay the night! It was about a week later when I moved in with them, and life was perfect. The next month, we had a big surprise. I found out that I was pregnant, and we started our family.

Rob and I have been together for four years and married almost three years. I still get the jitters, nervousness when we touch, hug and kiss. He is very thoughtful and is a great friend and lover. He makes dinner, cleans, and surprises me. He has surprised me when he wrote a song for me, and when he takes care of me when I am ill. Rob is always considerate of my feelings and thoughts. From the glances we exchange when across from one another to the time we share popcorn watching our favorite shows, he still makes me feel special. He is a devoted father and wonderful husband.

It is amazing how destiny led us to love and how the love we have for one another has made us such a strong family. The love we share is true and unconditional. Now I am a firm believer in love at first sight and true love.