Myra - Sugar Land, Texas

I Believe in Vision

I believe there is wisdom in a health challenge, but like everything else precious, you have to dig for it and be open to what you find.

I’ve been digging for five months and here’s what I’ve found.

A brain tumor will get your attention. Benign or malignant, it doesn’t belong in your brain. Gone unnoticed it will destroy your uniqueness or your life.

A close friend remarked that my surgery must have been a success because I wasn’t drooling. Not the most sensitive way to offer relief and good wishes, but I know where his heart was.

Ironically, my tumor was located in the center of my head or what is called the Third Eye in meditation. I believe that is a message screaming to me about vision, not sight, vision. I always liked to believe that I was one of those special people who heard her own music and danced to it. But the tumor ushered in fast and direct reality shots.

I was not creating my future according to vision; I was living a safe life that was more influenced by fear.

Call it cliché but, now I see what really matters in life. I am clear on my priorities because I know that life is not promised. It can all change in the time it takes the doctor to say, “I don’t have good news for you…”

I believe that I have been lucky to face a serious illness and live to learn from it.

I know now that if I’m not creating my life with limitless visions, I am only living a tenth of its potential. And I believe that it was time for me to learn that.

I used to believe wisdom was counted by the long lists of things I had to do or had done. But I now believe wisdom is in knowing how to create a short list of experiences that feed my life with tailor-made purpose.

They destroyed this thing in my head and opened my mind. I believe they corrected my vision!