ADRIAN - palos hills, Illinois
Themes: fear

Fear, fear is one of the most powerful things in the world. In Salem, and in New York City, fear took place. Abigail Williams from the Crucible scared people by accusing innocent people of witchcraft to get to John Proctor and in NYC Osama Bin Laden scared people by destroying the World Trade Center towers to ruin the economy system of United States and other countries. In both situations, a lot of people had died because of the worth that both Osama and Abigail had done.

In the Crucible, Abigail scared and accused innocent people of witchcraft, because she was in love with John Proctor and wanted him, so therefore had to get those people out of her way in order to get to him. In NYC, Osama did the same thing, but instead he destroyed and killed many people to get famous, so that people would be scared of him and also he wanted to mess up the economical system of the United States. In the Crucible, the following quote said by Abigail “ I saw my parents get killed by Indians” shows that she just like Bin Laden, was not scared to use fear to kill others. This means that she experienced fear before and she wasn’t scared to use fear, to gain something she really wanted. Because of everything Abigail experienced, it changed her life to violence. The same thing with Bin Laden, who wanted to get noticed by the whole world, he also changed the lives of his people to become more aggressive and stand up for their religious belief and if that means start killing people, so be it.

In these both situations, a lot of innocent people had died. In the Crucible, people were hanged and crushed by stones, and in NYC people had died from getting burned, jumping out of windows and getting crushed by the falling building itself. The attacks on the World Trade Centers was the most horrifying thing that had happened in American history, because the lives of thousands of innocent people was lost, people who went to work as it was an normal day to go to work, firefighter, police officers who risked their lives to get people out so the list of dead would decrease. In the news, the following quote I heard “Those kind of attacks like on the WTC are not going to stop” which signifies that there are going to be more attacks on American or other parts of the world and that millions of innocent people are going to die. I think that the use of fear changed a lot of people’s lives especially after the attacks on the WTC, and I’m sure it had somehow touched every single American in some way, man or women, young and old.

The bad guys who had done those horrible things always run away and try to hide. Abigail from the Crucible robbed her uncle and ran away from Salem, and she was never seen again. Abigail ran away because she knew what the consequences might had been if she had stayed and was found lying, and she also knew what people of Salem are capable of doing to her. Bin Laden did the same thing; he contributed in the 9/11 attacks and later disappeared. Supposedly he hides out on underground caves and in other familiar sorts of hideouts that people aren’t aware of. Osama Bin Laden till this every day wasn’t found dead or alive in Iraq or it’s near by countries by the U.S Troops. Abigail and Bin Laden had to run away, didn’t have any other choice, that’s what every criminal does. So when Bin Laden will be captured it will show the while world that if you use fear to kill innocent people, Americans are not going to forget what happened on that day and who was the person behind it. Even now Bin Laden is out hiding somewhere, people in Iraq are still setting up bombs and killing each other and killing along with them, a lot of innocent people.

So using fear isn’t a great idea, because it won’t get you anywhere, only to jail or end up being dead. Abigail and Bin Laden used fear to get to something they wanted to gain but they weren’t successful, Abigail didn’t get John Proctor the way she wanted to, but Bin Laden on the other hand got people’s attentions and got them scared shitless. Osama Bin Laden proved his point, that something like 9/11 can happen, anytime and anyplace, but by proving his point thousand of innocent lives were lost. Killing innocent people didn’t actually get them anywhere, only made the lives of the families who lost their loved ones and the community worse and very much affected by. So what is fear? It is something that we see and hear about it every day and it’s something unpredictable, but when it happens, it does affect a lot of lives around. It’s a part of explanation why people die every day, on the streets of major cities, in Iraq and everywhere you look around.