Pat - W, Michigan

I beleive in God because I have felt His touch. Believing in God does not make me better than anyone, it just makes me better than I was. I believe that God is Love and He wants us to spread His love to all those we meet along the way. ‘Let there be peace on earth and let it begin with me’ I believe God comforts us in our sufferings, not to make us comfortable, but to make us Comforters.

Years after devestating accidents where three of my children almost died, I was admitted to the ‘snake pit’ of a mental hospital, suicidal. The very next morning as I looked around the breakfast table at the sickest of the sick, I was struck by the realization that Someone DID understand my pain. I was in the midst of God’s severely

injured children. I felt as if He had taken my hand and led me to this place so I could see how well He understood my heartache for He suffers the same heartache over His injured children. I knew I was no longer alone.

I cried for both our children that day.

The doctors tried everything to try to get me to love myself enough to want to live. They gave me medication and therapy but they couldn’t give me a reason to want to live. They had no explanation for what happened to me, even though they witnessed the overnight change. They just accepted it and released me without any medication the very next day.

I could never fathom the idea that He does not exist. He is as real and alive to me as my husband is.

Faith is believing without seeing, if I had proof, it wouldn’t be faith.

What I believe does not make me better than you or anyone else, it just makes me better than I was.

In my world, I have the delight in knowing this is not all there is…that there is a much better place awaiting me and that I will see my mother and all those I love again.

I hope what you believe gives you that kind of peace, but, I also believe..

Just because the child does not see the Father does not mean the Father does not see the child.