Jennifer - Fort Wayne, Indiana

After getting married and having my son, I have changed a lot of my beliefs. I am not as strict as I once was. Upon receiving this website as a class assignment I had to actually write down what my new beliefs were. I was glad to receive this assignment, because now I can put down my beliefs that I want to follow in life. They will be here for all to view and for my family to look back on someday.

This I believe is my duty in life. I believe that I need to be the best person I can be. I will try to be the best mother I can, making sure that my child and future children are raised right. There can be some mistakes along the way, but no major ones. I believe that this can be achieved by: listening to your children, helping them to resolve problems, limiting television and video game time, playing educational games, reading, and listening to appropriate music. My job as a mother is to make sure I don’t: smoke, drink, or curse in front of my child. All this will help me to raise a good child that will hopefully not: have children at the age of 14, go to jail, rob or murder someone. My child will hopefully graduate high school and college and go on to be an outstanding person, even though he is one month old.

I believe in God, but don’t attend church. I know there is a heaven and I will make it there one day. My child will be baptized into my religion and when he is older, he can choose his own religion. He is not going to be forced to follow my religion, even though that is what generations before me have done.

I will try to be the best person I can be, the best wife I can, one who treats her husband with respect and honesty. I will not cheat, lie, or steal from my husband. If ever I have a problem I will talk it out with my husband and not let this build-up on me. I will not be mean to him, for he is not mean to me. I will love him and never divorce him.

I believe that I will treat others with respect. I will not call others names, talk badly about them, or yell at anyone. If someone is mean, I will not stoop to their level I will still be as nice as I can. I believe doing all this will help me live the best life I can. Doing good pays off in the long run.