Alma - Farmers Branch, Texas

This I believe: everyone should finish high school and obtain a college degree. With a good college education the sky is the limit. A good education should be the number one priority in life for all. Education brings balance and comfort to everyone’s life.

Why is an education so important to me? As a returning adult student I have encountered that everyone prioritizes very differently. I believe that a college education will give you security in many ways. First of all, it will help you to get a better paying job and based on that you can have a better way of living. For example, most people have to work for a living and not for fun. Can a person live like that forever? This is a question that most people should ask themselves. Additionally, having a good paying job provides better opportunities for your children. I have realized by getting an education you could live a comfortable life and if possible everyone should have a mentor to guide them and teach them how to prioritize.

But an education is not only about economic goals. A person with an education is more balanced than one without. What I mean by balance is that an educated person can complete their goals, are usually a better conversation, wittier, more open to new things, willing to work for what they want, etc. I have noticed these traits in people that are educated and as a result successful. Those who do not complete higher education tend to not have as many of these traits and usually are not as successful. On the flip side, a person that does not get an education may need to work harder to achieve whatever goals they may have in mind.

Everyone can make mistakes in life and sometimes we need guidance to rectify our mistakes. I taught my kids that in order to succeed in life it is important for them to complete a college education. I also believe that I must explain to my kids what will happen to them in the future if they do not complete an education. I find that most of the younger generations prefer a privileged life that they cannot afford with the little income that comes their way. This is a life that demands new cars, new phones, and whatever else their heart desires. I taught my children not to follow their peer’s footsteps of not completing an education at an early age. In short, patience is a virtue.

By knowing these things that I believe in my life as well as the future generation there should be a better understanding of what is needed to succeed; guidance, staying focus, and have a good education. As I stated already education should always be the main priority in every ones life.