Maria - Sacramento, California

Living My Life to the Max

I believe in living life to the fullest. When I am ninety years old and reflecting on my life, I can only hope that I have no regrets. I believe that if I do everything I want to and I am continuously happy, then I have lived the perfect life. For the past year I have been trying my hardest to live each and every day as if it were my last. Life can come and go so fast, and I would hate to miss a minute of it.

One year ago my boyfriend of four years said he did not want to be with me anymore, and I was devastated. I spent so many days crying and wishing that he would come back to me. After one month of being completely depressed, I woke up and thought: I hate being so sad and wasting my days thinking about someone that does not feel the same way about me. I could not believe how I was living my life, because that was not me. I know there is so much more in life that I need to experience and while I am a young adult is the perfect time to do it. I learned that there is no time like the present, and I needed to put myself out there and take advantage of all the moments that my life encounters.

I know so many people who have gone through a break up just like mine, but I watched them waste so much time being sad and depressed. What I realized was that I needed to take time for myself and start living my life so that I am happy every single day. Everyone goes through rough times, but life always gets better. It was up to me to get myself out of bed and be the outgoing social person that I am.

Over the last year my life has changed so much, and I can honestly say that I am the happiest I have ever been. I have opened myself up to the world and look at everything so differently now. Every day I am doing something that makes me happy whether it is being with family or friends, working, being in school or even spending time alone. I have gotten to know myself better and I can proudly say that I am a smart independent woman who lives her life everyday to the fullest.