Jacquelyn - Nashville, Tennessee
Themes: Christianity

I Believe You Can’t Take It with You

I believe you cannot take it with you. This earthly life seems like the only one you have. Life’s worldly possessions are things most people cherish: cars, homes, jewelry and yes, sometimes family.

In this lifetime I have seen several sides of how life is, for instance: the destructive way some of my journeys in life have plunged. I began to realize that time waits for no one. This lifetime is a gift, one that should be cherished, not wasted.

But there is another life. It’s called eternal life. I believe upon arriving through the pearly gates of heaven there is everlasting life. I cannot wait to go to heaven.

In my other lifetime—who knows when that will be? God knows. “Therefore, if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold all things are become new. And all things are of God.”

Heaven sounds so beautiful. The song says, “The weather there is always fair. There is always sunshine around. I’m gonna trade my earthly home for a better one one day.” I know that this is the place I want to go. From my biblical readings and the pictures that I have seen, Jesus wears a robe of humility and a crown of thorns. “So please reserve my mansion, robe and crown.” I say these things because I believe you cannot take it with you!