Placide - Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Themes: equality

Women should lead this world

Time to time, it happen that I make a conscience examination about things in life, around me and in the whole world. As a kid, teen, young and now a man, I have observed and observed the world and have come to the conclusion that women are destined to be our leaders.

I was born in Africa and was raised in a polygamy family where my father was busy working on his farm to survive and having children with his four wives. For instance, it comes to every one of each wife to make sure her children become the best they could be.

As I was growing up, I can feel just by observing my family’s life and most of the families living in my neighborhood that women have more feeling and can give most of their live to their family, and family is the base of the society. On the other hand, when it comes to take responsibilities or make decisions men are in the first rows. In every country, even in the whole world, men hold the power and only a few women have the opportunity to have access to the places where the most important decisions about our life and our destiny on the earth are made. As a result, there are so many imperfections around the world; for instance, corruption, stability, peace and justice are serious issues the humanity is dealing with and these issues are getting worse because the decision makers are mainly concerned about their personal interest. Also, the natural resources on the planet are unequally shared and those who need the most are the ones who received the least. Moreover, rich people are getting richer; on the other hand, poor people are getting poorer and the rules are made accordingly.

My question to the whole humanity is that “Why couldn’t we understand that things are not in the right place or are in the wrong place?” Men need to step down or at least give more space to women to have more responsibility in the decision making. If God had given women the power of giving life, they probably had also received the power of managing it. The world needs more female leadership and I believe that will create better justice, more peace and good stability.