Jake - xxx, South Africa

I believe that it is good to look into the sun. I believe that I will not burn my eyes by doing it. I believe that when the Bible talks of light, it is referring to sunlight. I believe that we live in metaphoric darkness because we do not see enough light. As a Jew, I was raised in the Orthodox tradition. Later, when I began looking for real answers for my problems, I questioned blind faith. And in the week my father died, seven years ago, I was given the message of life. The rabbi from the Holy Land blessed me with the following words “May God put light in your eyes”. And because my mind was seeking a rational path that could be justified by sinple logic, I took these words quite literally and suddenly began seeing the message of light all over the place. And because I took these words literally and because I am an extremist by nature, I began looking into the sun. And now seven years later at the age of forty, I am definitely not blind. I ride a Suzuki motorbike known as the Hayabusa and I can certainly see. I have subsequently found the message of light in all three Monotheistic religions and beyond. And yet in seven years of speaking of seeing the sun with my naked eyes, not one person has ever bought my theory from me. I have asked myself this question: can I be right and everyone else wrong? Yet in spite of all medical and common-sense advice, I continue looking each day and many times in it, into the direct face of the sun. It is the only true leap of faith I have ever really made: contrary to everybody I look into the sun because I believe with every fibre of my being that it is a good thing to do. Without wanting to appear dogmatic, I beg to quote only one verse from the Old Testament, the book of Ecclesiastes attributed pseudipigraphically to Solomon. Chapter 11 verse 7 reads (in a completely literal and direct translation from the original Hebrew) “For the light is sweet and it is good for the eyes to see the sun”. I won’t get into a discussion concerning the meaning of this verse. Needless to say, I take it literally. People ask me what I see. I am not sure whether I can clame to see the light so I don’t. I’ll tell you what I see. I’ll tell you the strangest phenomonon I see. I know it is true because I see a direct cause-and-effect in front of my eyes. Yet still no one believes me. I see people sneezing all round me. Every day and night. Some people know that light can trigger a sneeze. Some do not. What seems to be occuring is this: the more light you see the more light you reflect. And if you look at enough light this reflection might begin to work magic around you. In Exodus we read about Moses coming down the mountain with the second set of Tabernacles. This is the source for Michelangelo’s statue of the man with horns jutting from his head. The original Hebrew talks of rays of light emanating from Moses so bright he was forced to wear a veil before conversing with anyone else. This sory serves only as a goal to aspire towards Did Jesus himself not walk around healing the sight of the blind? Thanks for the chance to get this off my chest. I believe that the eyes are the windows to the soul. I believe it is possible to see the sun without harm. I believe that the light is indeed sweet and it is a good thing to see the sun.