Chris - Bloomington, Minnesota
Themes: purpose

I believe that everything has a purpose and a place. Everything we do in life and everything presented to us is serving a purpose. We may not know what the purpose is now, but one day I believe we will see the meaning to everything we face. The world is too complex for something, including someone, to come along and get in your way and not be of importance.

If you “had taken a left turn instead of taking a right turn would everything be different right now” from a Dave Matthews Band song is a quote I think of every day. What if I were to take a different road to school or to work and an accident in the road made me late? This is just a minor incident where taking the other option leads to a whole different situation. Being late for work could get you into trouble, which could cause you to be upset and in turn cause others to be upset. It’s a huge chain reaction that goes on forever and comes back around to you.

I believe in karma as well as the purpose and place idea. I think that everything you do and how you effect everything around you will come back on you. If you treat people with respect there is a better chance that you will be treated well. If you leave the environment a better place it will be a better environment later in life. It goes along with the practice of doing the right thing. You should go out of your way to do the right thing even when it is not the easiest way out. It all leads back to karma and that what you do will come back to you.