Whitni - san antonio,, Texas
Themes: sports

“Track and field is my Life”

Ever since I was little I always had a lot of energy, my momma and daddy didn’t know what to do with me. All I did was run through the house real fast and jump on things. My daddy sad I learned to run before I even took my first baby walking steps. Becausde the first thing I did was take off running!

They tried putting me in alomost every sport just to calm me down just a little hopping I would be tired. I was in Basketball, baseball, soccer, dance team, cheerleading, gymnastics, and even played on a flag football team. I was never on a real track team or anything like that. All I did was rae agaisnt boys and school then tease them because they got beat by a girl. My daddy ran track back when he was in highschool in Chicago, which turned towards running. I wanted to be just like my daddy and run too. My favorite all time runner was the famous Olympic runner Florence Griffin Joyner also known as Flo Jo. She was the worlds fastest women, she a record holder in 100m dash, and just this great runner. Yet she died when I was in the 5th grade, which made me want to be like her even more. Yet those sports just made me even worse, because playing all of those sports made me even faster and more stronger.

By the time I was in middle school(6th grade) I was really a full blowen time-boy. I still played everything, yet I still wasn’t really running..thats all I wanted to do.

Finally after being recuited to an AAU track team called the “San Antonio Heat”, I learned my true talent for running. I started highschool with tha just being my main sport, by then I understood why my daddy didn’t actually finish running. When I was little I just thought he didn’t want to run any more or because he started a family. Well it was because he didn’t have the money to got o college and thats why he ended up in the army and here in San Antonio , Texas.

So now til this very day I continue to run, for many reason such as I’m not just runnig for myself. Irunning because my daddy didn’t get to finish what he wished he could of kept doing, I’m running because I want to be the next fastest female runner the world like Flo Jo, I’m running because I love it and its my life its who I am.

Track and field made me the person I am today, without track field I would know how to stand in front of a group of people and present myself. I would know how to go after my gaols and believe in myself. Track and field help learn how to push myself and not doudt myself no matter what. Those lesson help me in every day life, I wouldn’t be in college right if it was for track and field, and the fact that I am good at it I actually got a scholarship doing so to a four year univ.

Anyone that knows me will tell you that the quote of my life is “track is my life, I would be nothing without it”.