Ronnie - Micanopy, Florida

I do not believe in the extreme polarities of love and hate, war and peace, wealth and poverty, etc. on the basis that we are what we live. True, examples abound in all spectrums of every culture. I have witnessed many examples of people who accept or resent their particular circumstance. Some of the overwhelming examples shout out, as in people with mental, physical, or emotional shadows, or the demonstration of compassion by persons of phenomenal of success.

I have questioned the impression of polarities for most of my life thinking, I could have easily been less or more than what I am, wondering: Have I consciously chosen to be the person I am? Has my experience in my early life framed the limits of my sense of well-being? Am I genetically programmed to be vicious or loving, hateful or giving? The consequence of my history has led me to seek out the answers relative to my environment.

I have decided to repudiate all the negative dividing forces from my life, from religion to prejudice of the unknown. I personally believe that a new born is a perfect being that depends on others for retaining its perfection. What matters most is love and attention in the beginning, which eventually transcends to an altruistic posture in living realized in adulthood. I truly believe the consequence of a negative beginning is not the new born’s fault, however at some point the ball is left in their, and our court.

I believe the human being is so resilient; a negative or positive beginning can evolve to the other extreme by even a small acknowledgment of value, or a demeaning comment can make all the difference. It’s time we recognize that we really need each other, the good, the bad, and the ugly. We are all responsible for each other; the consequence of how we respond to that duty is evident in our environment. I think of it as parallel to voting, if I choose to ignore the circumstances of my fellow earthly beings, I am given up my chance to live in peace.

I recognize that none of us has made a conscious choice as to our physical or cultural circumstance we find ourselves in; be it gender, race, culture, religion, etc., we all have to accept the reality we find ourselves in. The reality of what I am is another matter. Proclaiming domination of myself over another makes no sense at all. That does not mean that I should not strive to better myself because my neighbor has chosen not to. All I can do is be the best I can be, my neighbor may choose to live a simpler uncomplicated life, who am I to demean that choice?

My sense of reality, as I see it.

Science provides us a tangible foundation, substantiating our existence.

Spirit provokes us to theorize our relations with a God, or none, and our ego.

The substance of our existence encompasses both spirit and science.

One describes universally held theories that are developed and challenged.

The other is defined by relationships, culture, and a yearning to know.

None are absolute in substance, tenure, or the predicament of life.

Drawing conclusions to such varied reflections for a firm footing is impossible.

Perhaps the ultimate design for our existence is to challenge our mental ideals.

We are what we live, no one I know of wants to pass on with a negative legacy.