Maria - Calhoun, Georgia

I believe that life is not fair. I believe that life is not fair because while some people have more money than they could spend in their lifetime, many other people do not have enough even for the basic things in life. I get really frustrated when I see poor people, not saying that I am rich I just have had more luck, struggling to pay for their clothing, rent, medicines or even their food. One of the most frustrating experiences I have lived was when I was at the pharmacy picking up my allergy medicine. While in the pharmacy an old couple came in, the attendant told them that their insurance had been cancelled and that their medicine cost $83 dollars. The man told the attendant that he had been fired from his job and that he did not have the money to pay for their medicine. The couple left the pharmacy. This experience was frustrating to me because I wish I could have paid for their medicine, but I did not. I believe that when people say there are good inside everyone of us they are lying because I do not understand how the people that can help stand idle before these kind of situations. I can think of a million different excuses of why I did not pay for their medicine, but the thing is that I did not and that now I think about it everyday.