Jill - Louisville, Kentucky
Themes: tolerance

The Whipping Post

Why do people take their bad moods out on the ones they say they love? Why do we get to put up with the consquences someone or something else caused? What if the person even did it to themself? What price must we pay for it? Their cold shoulder? Their icy or distant responses? Their lack of interest in anything but what has you totally consumed them for that moment? And that is what life is really, TEMPORARY MOMENTS, nothing last. Nothing is promised or given.

Here is my next question….Why can’t we treat each other the same as we did or would if what ever it is bothering us, wasn’t. People can pretend whatever they want and do it everday. I am tired of getting the emotional beating I am getting from those I chose to love and them expecting me to not notice? Just tiptoe around on eggshells trying to act as if I didn’t relize the cold frosty air they are giving off?

I can take it no longer!!! WHAT IS THERE TO DO??? Maybe I should pray. Pray for what though? When you have tried talking, encouraging, and just flat out telling them to stop, the only thing left is to pray. Pray? Yes, for you, for them, for everything wrong in this world and pray for it to made right. At least that is a start.

Give yourself and those around you some peace. Deattach yourself from their “world” refusing to be the whipping post for their failures. No one is responsible for how any one perosn feels, they are. You didn’t make them cry, angry, or happy even, they did. They chose those feelings to feel. That is what burns my butt, that, and a flame 3 foot high!!

Everyone must try their hardest to refrain from taking the problems they feel they have out on the one(s) they profess to love. It is unfair. That gives them the impression you blame them for it. Don’t be anyone’s whipping post and don’t make someone yours.