steve - brunswick, Ohio

this i believe…that i am being watched.

i love going to the movies. movies fall into three distinct categories in my mind. there are movies that you would see again, like ‘world’s fastest indian,” and movies that entertain, but you would not care to see again, as well as movies that you disdain or even walk out of. fortunately today, with minimal research, you can avoid walking out of most movies.

i like all types of movies including, comedies, romances, adventures and scary ones…not the demon type…but the alien type. a good movie has a story to tell. effects can be helpful or not needed at all. the key is to translate you into the story and to capture your thoughts for several hours. you fear because it seems real. you laugh because you feel you know the people or situation. it must be compelling enough to draw you in quickly. most good movies can arrest your thoughts within the first ten minutes.

my family watched “mission impossible three” the other night. it was intense from beginning to end. in fact, my “mission impossible” was being able to still my mind and go to sleep that night!

our lives are unfolding like a film. when i was growing up, i had this weird feeling that i was being filmed all the time. it was some juevenile sense that my life had importance. it was a veiled mystery with periodic hints of the purpose and possibly even the ending. their have been times that my life is a comedy. other times its a tragedy…like the titanic. lately it has been a mystery. choices wait before me. i can choose to live a life of fear of some hidden assailant or walk in boldness, challenging the enemies of the soul.

what movies are playing at your house? not the ones in the dvd player…but the one that continues as you brush your teeth in the morning? would someone walk out of it? want their money back? does it have several story lines that never connect? or is it the continued completion of a work that has begun in you? spend one day imagining you were being filmed…what are you rated?

much of what we do is mundane. that’s ok…it’s what humans do. we get up, grab a piece of toast, listen to a.m. radio on the way to work, and play out daily routines. but behind the scenes, a story is playing out…secretly…not easily discerned by the passerby. it is intended to be an epic adventure…filled with joy. romance, success and failure. it’s your story. a story that will be told in heaven…you fought, you finished, you endured…no oscars…just a crown.

do you sense their presence? witnesses…by the thousands…maybe with pop corn in hand…watching…waiting…how will this unfold?