Adam - Indianapolis, Indiana
Themes: love

I believe that love is a strong word. In today’s society, there are so many problems that love will not last. One day you could tell someone that you love him or her, and the next day, hate them for something they have done.

Is there such a thing as love? Yes, but it is not everlasting love in which we would like or hope it to be. When we tell a loved one that we love them, do we ever stop and think about what we really mean? If you’re like me, you’ll say you don’t. But just think sometimes about the pain they could cause you and how crushed you would be. Would you still love them in the same way you did before they hurt you? If they did something that you could not bare to see happen, would you still love them in the same way? I know I wouldn’t.

There is always that one person that you do find that you love and care for. When you tell them you love them, you obviously mean it. I know when I say it I truly mean it. But there is still that chance that you or that person will be hurt. Love is a never-ending emotion and it will keep on changing and changing. Whether it is good or bad, it will still change day-to-day. When you think you know how much you love them, something will make that change.

Love is a word that is powerful. When you say it you need to mean it and know that it could change and you could get hurt. “Anything is possible,” a person once told me. This person is right; anything is possible. The person that said this to me was a person I once loved. Then one day, we went our separate ways because of a thing I thought would never happen. She said she would never hurt me, and she did. Love is a very strong word, and that is what I believe.